Sunday, October 30, 2011

Home is Where the Heart is...

I went home this weekend, even though I just went home two weekends ago because of....


In case you don't know, this is my older sister Patrica. Whom, if you can't tell by the back ground, now lives in Los Angeles, CA! She came home to go to a friends wedding, but I figured I would take advantage of her being in VA and go see her since I haven't seen her since the end of July!

It was really great seeing her and having the whole family around, but it definitely made it a lot harder to return to JMU. I'm not sure I should be this emotional about coming back to school...I mean it's not like I won't be home again in three weeks for Thanksgiving break and then home again in another three weeks after that for winter break...

Although it is always very difficult coming back to school after being home. I'm not sure if there has been a time that I haven't cried about it...which makes me wonder sometimes if JMU was the right pick for me, if maybe I should have picked a school closer to home (not like two hours away is really THAT far or anything). Either way, I will be very excited to go home in three weeks! The relaxation will be much needed for sure! And I will be with these people.....




Which always makes everything a little bit better, no matter how quickly attitudes change after that moment of bliss! <3

1 comment:

  1. I will definitely be praying for you, love! It's no secret that I understand the heartache associated with leaving home, and I know how much you miss it while you're here. I know, for me at least, being away made me cherish home SO much more than I ever did.

    I supposed the two of us are blessed in that we are able to love and appreciate our hometown(s) in the capacity that we do. No matter what struggles or stresses we encounter in Harrisonburg, we always have a comforting, supportive, and loving home to come back to :)

    I am so happy that you were able to spend quality time with your family this weekend, Patricia in particular! It was a weekend that you much deserved :) I love you, Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete